Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Obama vs. McCain

I've started my quest for some actual facts regarding these two presidential candidates. Where does one find fact in a sea of promises and finger pointing? Well, you can begin by visiting the United States Senate website and reviewing the candidates' voting behaviours. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it sounds. Legal jargon is a real pain in the ass to read for those of us who are not seasoned readers in this area. I'll be digging through some of bills later, but, for now, I found that the U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 110th Congress - 2nd Session(2008) page lists 33 votes for the month of July over a course of 13 days. McCain is listed as not voting for any of the 33 measures. Obama participated in all of the six votes held on July 9th. Basically, I have no information on McCain for July, and I'll be reviewing Obama's July votes. I get annoyed when candidates don't vote. Yes, I know they are busy running for president. Why are politicians allowed paid leave to look for another job?

No comments: